|THE COMBINATION OF MASCARPONE CHEESE AND YOGURT REMINDS ME OF SWEET SOFT TOFU.|
This desset shoul be eaten on the day of making
recipe source: Thai Cooking, the food and the lifestyle
- 2 mangoes
- generous 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- generous 3/4 cup strained plain yogurt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- grated rind and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbs raw brown sugar
- Slice the mangoes on either side of the seed. Discard the seed and peel the fruit. Slice and then chop the fruit. Divide between 4 ramekins.
- Beat the mascarpone cheese with yogurt. fold in the ginger, lime rind, and soft brown sugar. divide the mixture between ramekins and level off the tops. Let chill for 2 hrs.
- Sprinkle 2 tbs of raw brown sugar over the top of each dish, covering the creamy mixture. Place under a hot broiler for 2-3 min, until meltesd and browned. Let cool, then let chill until required.