RECIPE SOURCE: THAI COOKING the food and the lifestyle
YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 T vegetable oil or peanut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 8 oz/225 g mushrooms, chopped
- 1 T red curry paste (available at asian store)
- 1 T Thai soy sauce
- 1 T fish sauce
- 8 square egg roll skins
- vegetable or peanut oil for deep-frying
- 8 oz/225 g quick cooking noodles
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 T ground coriander
- 1 T ground cumin
- heat 1 T oil in a wok and stir-fry the onion and mushrooms until crisp and browned. Add the curry paste (go easy, if you dont want it to be too spicy), soy sauce and fish sauce and stir-fry for 2-3 min. remove the wok from the heat.
- Spoon an eighth of the mixture across one of the egg roll skins and roll up, folding the sides over the filling to enclose it.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a wok or skillet and deep-fry the egg rolls, 4 at a time, until crisp and browned. Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
- meanwhile, put the noodles in a bowl, cover with boiling water and let swell.
- heat the remaining oil in the wok and stir-fry the garlic, scallions and red bell pepper for 2-3 min. Stir in the coriander and cumin, then drain the noodles and add them to the wok. toss together and serve with the egg rolls.