YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 T sesame seeds
- 1 T oil
- 1 t sesame oil
- 5 spring onions, sliced, plus extra finely shredded to garnish
- 800 g (1 lb 12 oz) green beans
- 200 g (7 oz) shiitake mushrooms
- 2 t finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 T mirin (aji-mirin, available at asian store)
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 T sugar
- heat wok until very hot, add the sesame seeds and dry-fry over high heat until they are golden. remove from the wok and set aside.
- Reheat wok, add the oils and swirl to coat the sides. Add the spring onions and beans, and stir-fry for 4 min. Add the mushrooms and ginger and cook for 4 min.
- Pour in the mirin, soy sauce, and sugar, cover and cook for 2 min. or until beans are tender. Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately, garnished with the shredded spring onion.
AND HERE IS MY VERSION OF THE RECIPE: