| DELICIOUS QUICK TO PREPARE MEAL|
PREP TIME: 10 min /TOTAL COOKING TIME: 15 min / SERVES 4
RECIPE SOURCE: Homestyle STIR FRY
YOU WILL NEED:
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) lamb fillet, cut into strips about 2.5 cm (1 inch) wide
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- cornflour (cornstarch) for coating
- 2-3 T oil
- 2.5 cm (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 T soy sauce
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 250 g (9 oz) baby english spinach leaves, torn
- 1 small bunch bok choy, cut into short lengths
- 115 g (4 oz/3/4 C) frozen peas
- 1 t sugar
- 3 T chicken stock
- dash of chili sauce
- season the strips of lamb with salt and pepper, dip in the egg white and dust with cornflour.
- heat half the oil in a wok and add the ginger, garlic and soy sauce. Stir-fry over high heat for 30 sec. Add lamb and stir fry for 1 min, or until browned. reduce heat, cover and cook for 3 min. Remove the lamb from the wok.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok and add the leeks. Stir-fry over high heat for 3 min or until the leek has softened.
- Add the spinach, bok choy and frozen peas to the wok and stir-fry for 1 min. Reduce heat, cover the wok and steam the vegetables for 2 min. Combine the sugar, stock and chili sauce and add to the wok. Add the lamb and stir well. stir fry for 2 min, or until the lamb and vegetables are tender.